A detailed discussion on IML plastic containers
IML stands for In-Mold Labeling. The uniqueness of this decoration procedure is that it merges both the label and the product in order to make them one singular product. With time, different organizations prepare IML products adopting different in-mold labeling styles and strategies. However, as per the traditional IML procedure, it primarily places the desired label within a mold, then it does clapping and inject melting resin. With time, the melting resin blends with the internal portion of the label. Then it stays some time in the same condition for cooling. After cooling, both the injection and label portions are joined and produce a single product. The process of lamination is also effective for preparing IML products. Injection resins for IML products can also be of different types such as PP, ABS, PA 12, SAN, PE, etc. After completion, IML plastic containers can be of different types as per requirements such as UV resistant, extremely durable, scratch proof, allowed for food contact, etc.
Different types of IML plastic containers:
Durable IMLs can turn any type of surface very much sturdy and strong. You can apply durable IML labels on a wide variety of products like trays, plates (after approving for food contact), dishwashers (as a scratch-resistant), etc.
3D textured IML:
Through injecting 3D textured IML, you can actually change the texture and finish of objects and make it like woods, marbles, granites, etc. And for this, you do not have to incise a new mold, and after finishing, it provides the same feel and look of the chosen material.
It is a form of IML that wraps a natural cork around a plastic entity of different sizes and designs.
This type of IML preparation first chooses a plastic container and then make it look like similar to stainless steel.
Benefits of IML plastic containers:
IML plastic containers can provide a wide range of benefits mentioned below:
- i) It can help you decorate your desired material perfectly by giving it a completely new look and finish.
- ii) It adds textures, colors, and a unique finishing touch that can totally change a thing.
iii) Using IML plastic containers are comparatively cheap. So, you can reduce the prices of raw materials by using this.
- iv) IML plastic containers are completely recyclable,so it do not pollute the environment.
- v) If you need any change in your product, you can apply changes very quickly when you use IML plastic containers, and it also costs you less to apply the change.
- vi) The products made through In-Mold Labeling system, are safe to use in microwaves and dishwashers.
vii) Through this process, you can easily adapt the looks and designs of stones, woods, marbles and apply them on plastics.
viii) It gives the end product an eye-catching and stunning look.
- ix) It is very much durable, even at high temperatures also.
IML plastic containers can be considered as a groundbreaking innovation in the packaging industry as it provides a lot of facilities without affecting the environment and without burning a hole in your pocket.