As the incidentally diabetes increasing globally day by day, every one has to know about diabetes.
Well diabetes knowledge is a chronic or metabolic disease in which insulin, which is produced by pancreas, is not sufficient. Insulin help the glucose get into you cells to give them energy. In this result your blood glucose or blood sugar level are too high and your body fails to respond to the insulin necessarily. Over time it leads to serious damage to heart, kidneys, blood vessels or eyes etc.
Particularly world widely in low and middle income countries about 422 million people have diabetes.
Types of diabetes:
There are two major types of diabetes, which are explained here;
- Type 1 Diabetes: This type of diabetes also known as Juvenile diabetes. This type of diabetes occurs when the pancreas fails to produce insulin or the amount of insulin is no sufficient to body requirements. People of type 1 diabetes are totally insulin depended means they have to must take a suggested amount of artificial insulin every day to stay alive.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes patient:
- Excessive Thirst
- Excessive Urination
- Abdominal Pain
- Weight Loss
- Type 2 diabetes: This is the most common type of diabetes symptoms and it has strong link with obesity. In this type there is no insulin production issue in body but the way of using insulin in body is affected. You may need the help of medications or insulin injections to keep your body on right way. Usually, you can also control it by reducing or maintaining your body weight.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes patient:
- Excessive Thirst/Urination
- Blurred Vision
- Darkened skin Areas
- Frequent Infections
- Wounds healing are so Slow
Are You Diagnose With diabetes? Try one of this food/diet:
IF you have been diagnosed with diabetes you should have to know what to eat. A diabetic person can follow these steps to enjoy a normal life style even with diabetic disease.
- Eating fresh diet, nutritious food including grains, fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy and healthy fat sources, such as nuts.
- Avoid high sugar foods which provide that calories, that do not have health benefits, such as fried food and high sugar desserts.
- Try to keep excess intake of water and avoid from alcohols containing drinks.
- People can also take steps to reduce their weight which can help them to manage diabetes without any medications or insulin injections.
Resistance exercise for diabetes:
In diabetic condition firstly you should manage your health. The benefits of exercising early in the day are too much high, control glucose level, maintain body weight etc. The American Diabetes Association recommended following physical activities and exercises for diabetes patients.
- A diabetic patient should do at least two & half hour of water aerobics, jogging, and swimming per week.
- Two/three sessions of resistance exercise per week, resistance exercises include lifting weight or pushup which strengthens muscle strength.
- Don’t should give gap more than two days of physical activity.
- Diabetic patient should do flexibility exercises like yoga, tai chi etc. in their weekly routine.
How does exercise help in diabetes?
Exercise helps the diabetic patient in to two ways:
- Insulin sensitivity: Through daily exercise routine your body cells are better able to use available insulin.
- Enhance muscles activity/absorption: Exercises stimulates your muscles to absorb and use more sugar for energy, even without usage of insulin.
Diabetes is metabolic disease that can be control through life style modification, exercise, diet control and control of obesity. Educated population is still key to the control of this globally disease. Physical activities and exercises play a major role in the prevention and control of diabetes.