Facebooks Pages are completely different from individual profiles. they’re employed by businesses, organizations and public figures, among others. each Facebook Page address is unique; but, you would possibly like the address to incorporate a well-known name instead of a string of numbers. to vary the address for your Facebook Page, you alter its username.
If you have already got a Page, you’ll modification it if you’ve got body privileges for the Page. Your Page has each a page name that seems on the Page itself and a username that appears within the address. you’ll modification either or each simply.
How to Change a Page Name or Username
If you are a Page admin and want to change the username that appears in the URL or the page name that appears on the Page, you do so like this:
Open the Page.
Click About in the left panel.
In the General section, click Edit next to the Name of your Page to change only the name.
Click Edit next to Username to change only the username, which appears in the URL of the page.
Enter the new Page name or username and click Continue.
Review your change and click Request change. There may be a delay before the name change takes place.
If the name you request is already in use on Facebook, you’ll have to pick another name.
If you don’t see the option to change the name of your Page, you may not have administrative privileges that allow it. In addition, if you or another admin changed the name recently, you may not be able to change it again right away. If a few cases, Pages that didn’t follow Facebook’s Pages Terms have limits placed on them by Facebook, and you can’t change the name on those Pages.
Restrictions on Facebook Page Names and Usernames
When you are choosing a new Page name or username, keep a few restrictions in mind.
Names cannot include:
- Symbols or other punctuation
- Abusive phrases
- Phrases that violate someone’s rights
- Long descriptions, such as a slogan
- Improper capitalization. No, all caps allowed except for acronyms.
- Page names and usernames cannot be misleading.
- Usernames must contain at least five characters.
- Page names must reflect the Page content accurately.
- Names cannot be generic words, such as “cars” or generic locations such as “Chicago,” although you can use those words in a completely unique name.